Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Procrastination is a thief of time.

Hello there! A LOT  has happened in the past one week ;

  • Evening with Garnet took place last week on the 4th of August at the Great Hall
  • Alumni Weekend and also Cheer Competition
  • Cultural Performance on Sunday Night
  • Revelation Day
  • Ramadhan
I could never  imagine the amount of activities held in KY but hey, that's what spices things up and makes our life a lil bit less boring.I'll begin with my first bullet.

I didn't exactly attend Evening with Garnet where they set up a haunted house at the Great Hall and participants of the game they conducted had to solve the mystery.I was too busy trying to catch up with my studies as it was the only night I was free, so I grabbed the opportunity. Nevertheless, I've heard so many good feedback about the night. Especially when Garnet was the first house to turn things differently. So, Kudos to the Garnet House and each and every member for making the night a very joyful night.( Could also consider the night as a scary night. Did you get any goosebumps while you were at the GH? )


Secondly, last Saturday was Alumni Weekeend! A number of KYUEM's Alumni came back to join us and they set up booths in the Great Hall. There was an answer and question session according to the Universities the alumni were currently in or have left. They were very friendly, informative and they helped us all out with answering every question we asked them. Some even brought their laptops to show pictures of life in the UK.

After an hour and a half of that, we proceeded with Cheer Competition. Everyone was present and wearing t-shirts according to their house colour. We bonded with the alumni ( or do you call them super super seniors? ) a little bit and got very spirited before cheer even started. Garnet House went up on stage first.Some of the cheer were new and there were a few that was added 30 minutes before cheer even started! Garnet's " Sumpah Hot Gila Dow " is constantly on my mind now. haha. The second house to go up was Diamond , House of Courage. The Diamonders looked really happy on stage and the boys were jumping up and down cheering their lungs out. Up next was Topaz. Dressed in black from head to toe, Topaz started strong and mighty and ended with a few cheerleading steps as they lifted up two girls and Yasmin did a split. (Y) . Last but not least were  the Spidey. Juniors of Sapphire wore KYUEM's blue shirt and were called " Celcom" as it resembled Celcom's colour. I think every house performed well and it's not winning that was important. It was the spirit we showed and how we did it as a team.
  1. Topaz
  2. Diamond
  3. Sapphire
  4. Garnet
Each won a hamper, I think. Congratulations to all houses!

Next up was Cultural Performance by Batch 13 of 2010. We we're given only 2 weeks to prepare for CP and we made full use of all the time we had. The directors , Nael ,Rose, Nasif and Head of Performance , Ashraf and Yasmin all did a great job and also had so many confusions and the amount of stress they had to handle. But it was all worth it wasn't it. I personally think we did great. We only got to use the stage twice. The night before CP and also the day before CP started. Props and backstage both did  a great job, it wasn't easy lifting up those heavy things and putting them back together. The crowd were very supportive and CP is one thing that most of us from batch 13 are starting to miss already.


Classes were back to normal and on Monday was Revelation day for all houses except for Topaz. Diamonders were at the hockey field while Sapphire and Garnet were at the football field. Most of us managed to find out pet sis / pet bro and also pet sibling. Those who failed to find were punished but not in a cruel way. They were asked to dance . The bashing up only started  a little later. All Juniors were given an ice cream each first. We were all happily eating the ice cream and once we were done and the rubbish were thrown, the seniors came with buckets filled with I-dont-even-know-what and water balloons. We were scared, cause we had no idea what was upon us but we stayed still and waited to get wet or something. I was unlucky. I had rotten maggi + sausages + IDKW on me and it smelt really bad. It smelt like vomit, I wanted to vomit. :O Some of the juniors had rotten milo on them. Eggs were thrown and the juniors were chasing after their seniorsjust to get them back. I accidentally cracked an egg on my own forehead and bumped my head with Neelam's when I was chasing a senior. haha. But in the end, I still got him egged. :D I've never got bashed up before as my birthday is always on a holiday so the experience was surreal but worth it!
As I am typing, I hear screams coming from the field as it is Topaz's turn for their Revelation.


Today is also the first day of Ramadhan. How's fasting in KY going for everyone? Did any of you miss sahur this morning? It's 6.30 pm now so just a little bit longer till Buka Puasa. I wonder what kind of food does the DH serves and will there be dates. I love dates. There will be Terawikh at the Surau every night. It may just be one of the many ' solat sunat ' but I think we should all grab the opportunity to perform Terawikh. It doesn't take much time. It's just 8 rakaat after Isyak and 3 rakaat of Withir.

Selamat Berpuasa !

Tomorrow is THURSDAY. Ive got not much to say for Thursday but,

GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE BEST TO ALL SENIORS 

for receiving your results! I'm sure it'll be the best of it and keep an optimistic mind!

Till then,

Haniesha E.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post..... keep up the good work..... more pictures please......_arvind_

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haniesha.... Diamond is The House Of COurage... Not The House Of Rock... Please take note.. N Good job..

    ReplyDelete